Cherry-Berry Breakfast Shake!
I have to be honest with you guys...nothing bugs me more when someone asks someone else what they had for breakfast, and that person responds, "just a smoothie." Wait, WHAT?! JUST a smoothie? That sentence makes no sense to me. I don't know about y'all, but I could live off smoothies (in fact, I HAVE for 2 weeks! On my "Green Smoothie Cleanse"! Curious? Shoot me an email at email@example.com to set up a nutrition consultation!). Really though! I mean, think about it people: the possibilities are truly endless. All the fruits and veggies, combined in utterly mouthwatering ways...and then there's "boosters" like cilantro, ginger, and even basil...oooookay. *mouth drools*
I think you guys will thoroughly enjoy this Cherry Berry Breakfast Shake--it's a shake because "smoothies" have been stigmatized to be gross somewhere along the way...but SHAKE--haters can't touch a good 'ol shake! (Plus it indicates it's got a dreamily thick ice cream-like consistency...which this guy has!) Enjoy, friends!
Cherry Berry Breakfast Shake!
1. One frozen banana (or one scoop plant-based protein powder)
2. 1/2 cup frozen dark sweet cherries
3. 1 cup frozen mixed berries (my blend had strawbs, bloobs, raspberries, and blackberries....yum!)
4. 1/2 tsp raw vanilla powder
5. 5 fresh mint leaves (optional, but OH SO RECOMMENDED!)
6. 1 cup liquid of choice (coconut water is delish! Also try plant based Nut milks--again, coconut is fab!)
1. Do smoothies need instructions? Well I guess this one does, since it's a "Shake"...anyway, add all ingredients to your high speed blender (mega love for my Vitamix!) and blend your little heart out.
2. Pour into a tall glass and enjoy outside on the front porch.